Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Grey Pants...


While I was recently stumbling around on a
favorite blog of mine Design Sponge I found a design team made up of three twenty something designers that have completely captured my interest.

3 men by the names of Gentry, Grizzle, and Junker have formed a design company that uses architecture principals for design use. Grey Pants has a wide variety of furniture and furnishings that use line and fit to bond them together. Below is my favorite piece of theirs, and in my eyes a very well designed piece....








the Top Ten
1. excellent use of line
2. a great space saver- the ottoman can be slid underneath the seat of the chair to keep it from obstructing a space.
3. I love how perfectly the peices fit together to support one another.
4. the finish on the wood is understated making the lines the focal point of the piece. The wood serves as a blank canvas for the function to take the glory.
5. the angle of the seat back keeps the user from slouching, but also supports the lower back and shoulders.
6. the oval shape of the ottoman is a nice contrast to the right angles on the bends.
7. the chair is self transforming. no other parts necessary.
8. it is made out of basic plywood- I love raw materials
9. the ottoman can also be transformed into a magazine rack, how cleaver.
10. it is set low to the ground, so that the seat can bowe a little and it will not keep the user too suspended.

I'm thinking I want a pair of Grey Pants...


No comments:

Post a Comment